Sunday, February 2, 2020

January Recap

WHAT I READ

Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire, #2) by Natasha Ngan
Lucky Caller by Emma Mills

2 books. Let's ... just not talk about it. Yikes.


PLAYLIST

1.) THAT BITCH by BEA MILLER
“Society is sucking on your dick / And since I got a pussy, I'm a bitch / And since you are a dude, yeah, you can tell the truth / But as soon as I do, I'm a bitch.”
2.) KILLING BOYS by HALSEY
“And I'm not breaking, I won't take it / And I won't ever feel this way again / 'Cause you don't need me anymore.”
3.) STILL LEARNING by HALSEY
“To the one I love, bring me 'round / Get me out right now  / And know that I love you / But I'm still learning to love myself.”
4.) MORE by HALSEY
“Lyin' awake, and I stare at the door / I just can't take it no more / They told me it's useless, there's no hope in store / But somehow I just want you more.”
5.) ALANIS' INTERLUDE by HALSEY (feat. ALANIS MORISSETTE)
“'Cause he is she is her / And her and he are love / And I have never felt the difference.”
6.) 929 by HALSEY
“But then I realize that I'm no higher power / That I wasn't in love then, and I'm still not now / And I'm so happy I figured that out / I've got a long way to go until self-preservation.”
7.) 3AM by HALSEY
“Know that my identity always getting the best of me / I'm the worst of my enemies / And I don't really know what to do with me.”
8.) YOU SHOULD BE SAD by HALSEY
“I'm just glad I made it out without breaking down / And then ran so fucking far / That you would never ever touch me again.” 
9.) ASHLEY by HALSEY
“Now, if I figure this out / Apart from my beating heart / It's a muscle, but it's still not strong enough to carry the / Weight of the choices I've made.”
10.) FOREVER ... (IS A LONG TIME) by HALSEY
“If I should ask or just imply / That I wanted a bit more light / So I could look inside his eyes / And get the colors just right.”
11.) HALLUCINATIONS (ACOUSTIC) by PVRIS
“The  words you said that knocked us from our high / I always thought we'd have another life / I  paint you in the corner of my mind / Pull the colors from the rays of light.”
12.) SOME KIND OF DISASTER by ALL TIME LOW
“I woke up from a never-ending dream / I shut my eyes at 17 / I lost every moment in between / I felt the sun rise up and swallow me.”
13.) HANDS by ORKID
“Would you forgive me if I keep my mouth shut? / Doesn't mean I don't bother / It's just that I care too much about you / Too dead to break this silence.”
14.) A LITTLE MORE by ALESSIA CARA
“Say that it’s the same / Take a drill right to my brain / The way you did just yesterday / Guess I get it now.”
15.) NEED U MORE by SHADED
“I kinda like the way we talk without a sound / I'm living for the moments we can't be without / So don't you leave me now / Won't you stick around?”
16.) DIVE by SUNSLEEP
“Take a photograph to remind ourselves of the days that pass on without a glance fixed ahead / This was all like a dream in my head / Something so out of reach yet I can see it.” 

Halsey's Manic was literally THAT good. Such a well done album. And then ATL also rise up from their hiatus and release a whole ass bop? This month was so, so blessed.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I started watching Marvel's Runaways season 3, as well as started Breaking Bad, but haven't really made tons of headway for either of these.

FEBRUARY TBR

• The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3) by Maureen Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment