Thursday, February 15, 2024

January Recap

 

WHAT I READ

He Who Drowned The World (The Radiant Emperor, #2) by Shelley Parker-Chan
Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson
Edgedancer (The Stormlight Archive, #2.5) by Brandon Sanderson
Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3) by Brandon Sanderson
Dawnshard (The Stormlight Archive, #3.5) by Brandon Sanderson
Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive, #4) by Brandon Sanderson
Half a Soul by Olivia Atwater
A Fragile Enchantment by Allison Saft
Emily Wilde's Map of the Otherlands (Emily Wilde, #2) by Heather Fawcett
The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson

10 books. To be honest, the plan was initially to pace myself reading through the Stormlight Archive, especially considering it took me about 2 months to finish The Way of Kings. That was kind of the pace I was expecting for the rest of the series, which would have given me enough time to finish it all by the time the last one, Wind and Truth, is going to come out in December. Welp, that didn't pan out so well when instead I got absolutely sucked into the world and devoured everything. And now I have to wait almost an entire year for the last one, oof. At least I have the rest of the Cosmere to somewhat tie me over...


PLAYLIST

1.) V.A.N. by BAD OMENS (feat. POPPY)
“I am in your algorithm learning all your mannerisms / I'm already level with God / A million words a second and I know your imperfections / Baby, I'm the only future you've got.”
2.) CALL MY NAME by YOURS TRULY
“I don’t believe we’ll ever change / You'll still be you / I’ll stay the same / Do I lie to myself and say I’m to blame?”
3.) HANGFIRE by WIND WALKERS
“In the deep end / Where I’m supposed to be / Where my future and my past is hanging over me / Get some luck and maybe I can finally get some sleep.”
4.) ALMOST ECSTASY by WIND WALKERS
“Still signing all the hate letters / With X’s and O’s / We live and we loathe.”
5.) WAITING ON BETTER DAYS by WITHER AWAY
“And you believe I can fight it / And that there is a plan / These hollow words so undeterred to understand.”
6.) CLOSURE by THE PLOT IN YOU
“I’d kill to sit and say nothing / You say it’s never your fault / Let’s carry on with your judgment.”
7.) WAS WEIß ICH SCHON by MADELINE JUNO
“Meine Mom spricht schon von nem Schwiegersohn / Und selbst mein Dad vergöttert dich / Und das Beste daran ist / Ich glaub' er liebt dich mehr als mich.”
8.) WAS ZU VERLIEREN by MADELINE JUNO
“Dass ich vor dir nur dachte, ich hab nix / Was die Angst zu verlieren noch wert ist / War mir selbst egal / Scary, wenn du mich jetzt fragst.”
9.) NUR ZU BESUCH by MADELINE JUNO
“Nur zu Besuch / Dеnn daheim ist noch lang kein Zuhause, wеnn man nur so tut / Bin willkommen, aber nicht, wie ich bin / Ihr gebt es nicht zu, doch es stimmt.”
10.) BRAG by THE HOME TEAM
“Life ain't fair / Aren't you scared? / I got the recipe / So try to copy me.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I struggled through the entirety of The Fall of the House of Usher and having finished it, I'm still somewhat unsure what I think of it. The way Poe's short stories were incorporated into the show and brought to life was artistically ingenious and extremely pleasing, and I liked all of the social commentary. But as a form of entertainment, there were also just a lot of really boring stretches. In the end, I stay conflicted on whether I liked it or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment