Monday, January 31, 2022

January Recap




WHAT I READ

Dial A for Aunties (Aunties, #1) by Jesse Q. Sutanto
Six Crimson Cranes (Six Crimson Cranes, #1) by Elizabeth Lim
The Ivory Key (The Ivory Key, #1) by Akshaya Raman
Wicked Fox (Gumiho, #1) by Kat Cho
The Merciful Crow (The Merciful Crow, #1) by Margaret Owen
The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2) by Margaret Owen
Daughter of the Moon Goddess (The Celestial Kingdom, #1) by Sue Lynn Tan

7 books. A solid start into the new year.


PLAYLIST

1.) SAVE ME by TRUE NORTH
“I thought that you could save me / And now you put your all in saving someone else / When you never learned how to save yourself.”
2.) WIND by ANEMORIA
Do I ever cross your mind? / Would you even waste the time? / What if we were both / Better at the core? / Innocent of any crime / Would we do it at least one more time?
3.) UNSAID by CITIZEN SOLDIER
“Tell me why the hell / I would choose to feel / To be everything you hate? / You could never stand / Who I really am / So you look the other way.”
4.) WHEREVER YOU'RE GOING (ACOUSTIC) by MAMAN & MITCHEL DAE
“I took some wrong turns and crossed some lines / Now I'm finding myself lost and afraid / Just dead ends and unpaved roads / The only things I've ever known.”
5.) BREATHE by TROPIC GOLD
“I’m stuck in the water / My neck down to my feet / Do you wanna hear / 'I’m sorry that you feel that way?'”
6.) WILDFIRE by AGAINST THE CURRENT
“Leaders of a new empire / Clawed our way up from the muck and mire / We’re at the summit, we’re still going higher / We are the crucible, we are the fire.”
7.) JEDES MAL by MADELINE JUNO
“Da ist nur ein Problem, das nicht weggeht / Mit allem anderen komm ich klar / Es ist die Angst das passiert mir jetzt jedes Mal.”
8.) 99 PROBLEME by MADELINE JUNO
“Ich sag mir so oft: Es geht alles vorbei irgendwann / Doch solche Tage dauern wochenlang / Wie lang noch bis irgendwann? / Ich will nicht sterben, nur nicht aufwachen.”
9.) LIKE A VILLAIN by BAD OMENS
“It’s hard enough being alone with myself / I don’t know how long I’ll be holding on / I know you tried your hardest I know that you meant well / But you pushed me to the edge, I slipped and then I fell.”
10.) VERTIGO by VALIANT HEARTS (feat. MARV WILDER)
“It’s so cold standing in the shadow of a sun burnt out / If only time could buckle its own arrow / And leave the bow unwound.”
11.) LIVE WITH IT by LUME
“Need to live with it / A devil at my door, you're drip feeding it / Need to sit with it / Hang our history on the wall 'cause we're keeping it.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

After I've had my gripes with episode 10 of Nancy Drew, the finale fortunately blew it out of the park again, so all in all I'm left with mostly a good impression of season 3, and a desperate need for season 4.
Euphoria is fun every week, but I'm not quit sure where the plot is actually taking me tbh. Some of the happenings are ... very, very contrived, even for Euphoria standards. Welp, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment