Sunday, September 5, 2021

August Recap

 

WHAT I READ

Seven Deadly Shadows by Courtney Alameda & Valynne E. Maetani
A Lesson in Vengeance by Victoria Lee
They'll Never Catch Us by Jessica Goodman

3 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) PAPER by WITH CONFIDENCE
“I'm thinking about the things you say and they ain't making sense / But all the things you said / Like bullets in my head.”
2.) HOLLOW by EXECUTION DAY
“It’s hard to live this life / When you’re feeling hollow / I start to fantasize / Not being here tomorrow / I reach for the stars but I can’t break the ceiling.”
3.) BLURRY by STAND ATLANTIC
“Clutching weapons while we’re sleeping / Got me bleeding like I mean it / It’s just enough to keep me blurry.”
4.) THANK YOU FOR HATING ME by CITIZEN SOLDIER
“You turned my vulnerability on me like a weapon / But taking knives in the back really taught me a lesson / I just wanna thank you / For setting me off like a loaded gun.”
5.) DEAD TO ME by BLACKBEAR
“Had me thinking that I never really tried / If you told me that you loved me then you lied / Somebody that I used to love is dead to me / Got me sick to my stomach, you got the best of me.”
6.) DARKEST HOUR by TATE MCRAE
“I hear them whisper secrets / ‘Til my name is dirt / But I will not falter / I will hide the hurt / All those fears / That made you cold / I forgive them all.”
7.) SAIGON by LUKE HEMMINGS
“Oh, you never know inside those moments / How good it was, and how you wasted / All this time alone / Hold on, can we hold?”
8.) PLACE IN ME by LUKE HEMMINGS
“Sun's gone, but you always liked this time of day / How many chances does it take? / Now with my eyes wide open / I'm nothing but a fake / I'm so apathetic it's pathetic.”
9.) DIAMONDS by LUKE HEMMINGS
“I'm so much older than I ever thought I would be / Hold the silence and don't let go / I hurt the people I love the most / I'm so much colder than I ever wanted to be.”
10.) COMEDOWN by LUKE HEMMINGS
“I'll sleep this life away / Until I see a reflection I can speak to / All my life / I've been passing this blame / Breaking these same old wishing bones / Hoping they'd bring me back to course.”
11.) MUM by LUKE HEMMINGS
“I keep these dreams like souvenirs / Always ringing in my ears / Just drown it out / All the things I did / Trying to find the way it was / I see you in everything.”
12.) WISH I MISSED U by CONCRETE CASTLES (feat. ANTHONY GREEN)
“Your lips keep moving even though I feel sick / Now the silence is creeping in / I hear your heart skip / Was it my fault, was I wrong?”
13.) COLORBLIND by ADVENTURE CLUB & NURKO feat. DAYSEEKER
“The empty hole in my chest / I've been learning to embrace it / You see the hell you've put me through / But all you care about is you.”
14.) JUST SOUND by STATE CHAMPS
“I feel the distance with no touch, it don’t mean shit when you mean so much / You’re not here but it’s enough / With your face reflected we’ll stay connected / 'Til it all comes back around.”
15.) STILL A STRANGER by SHADED
“How did we go from / Lovers to losers so fast / But I can’t tell you all the ways / That I loved you all the way / So forever’s how you’ll stay / Still a stranger.”
16.) NIGHTMARE by SHADED
“And I just can’t shake the way / You made me feel / So I hurt somebody else / Please make this heal / Did I ever really know you?”
17.) SINNER by LEADLEY
“She’s gonna try but she’s never gonna love you like me / She can waltz through your halls / But can she walk all over you how you like it? / Why have a saint when you want a sinner, babe?”
18.) TEETH by REAL FRIENDS
“These last two years were the worst years of my life / Left me fucked up past the point of ever believing that I’d get by / I’ve tried everything but I’m still hurting.”
19.) I LIE TO ME by AS IT IS
“I lie to me / I say everything’s gonna be alright / Like I’m that naive / Think better things / 'Til the black and white start to saturate.”
20.) BABYLON (ACOUSTIC) by NORMANDIE
“Saving my life / Or wasting my time / Won’t make a difference / The higher the climb, the harder the fall / But something is better than nothing at all.”

I am so in love with Luke's When Facing The Things We Turn Away from lyrically. There's sooo many lines that just resonate deep, deep within me, I would basically get the whole album tattooed on my body.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I watched all three seasons of How To Sell Drugs Online (Fast) within a few days and it was solid. I gotta say, it went downhill steadily from season 1, which isn't to say that season 3 was bad in and of itself, but s1 was by far the strongest in my opinion. I really liked the ending s3 gave, so I'm lowkey kind of hoping that there's not going to be another season; it's really not necessary.
Another show I pretty much binged within two days is Panic. I have to admit, while I did read the book back when it was first released, I literally do not remember a single thing about it, so I pretty much went into this show blind. But apart from the main romance, I ended up really liking it, what a shame that it's already gotten cancelled. I would have liked to see where they would have gone with the story, but then again, it is kind of closed.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine being back after being on hiatus for so long is like a breath of fresh air for my soul to be kind of honest. I didn't even realize how much I lowkey missed this show, so I'm really glad for it to be back and am enjoying the new episodes as much as I can, seeing as it's the final season. And oh, they're doing such a great job if you ask me with all the topics they're addressing.
As for movies, as promised I watched Fear Street Part Two: 1978 and Fear Street Part Three: 1666 and, once again, my enjoyment kinda went out the window more and more with each installment. I liked the second one well enough, but the third one felt a little repetitive and boring in the end, to be honest. They were still solid and worth a watch, all of them, but I was a bit underwhelmed with how much better the first one was in comparison to the others.
Another thriller I watched was The Woman in the Window, which, considering there's not a lot happening in total in the end, was still actually quite good. The acting was A+.
Getting out of the thriller mood, I watched The Edge of Seventeen and it was ... alright. It's a teenie bopper, so really, I didn't expect it to blow me away but eh. 
Another very meh movie was The Last Letter From Your Lover. I loved the costumes and vibes and all, that department did such a splendid job, but the plot was just so unrealistic and contrite to be honest, and I say that knowing the premise... They still managed to make it even more unbelievable and anachronistic than I'd expected.
However, we got some redemption from The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf. I thoroughly enjoyed this one, the animations were so well done, the style itself kind of reminded me a bit of Atla/LoK here and there (which I loved), and the voice acting was great (Theo James! I mean, come on. Say no more.). And of course the plot was amazing, too. All in all, such a solid addition to the Witcherverse.


SEPTEMBER TBR

• The Hawthorne Legacy (The Inheritance Games, #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment