Sunday, August 1, 2021

July Recap

 

WHAT I READ

The Box in the Woods (Truly Devious, #4) by Maureen Johnson
Sisters of the Snake (Ria & Rani, #1) by Sarena & Sasha Nanua
Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco

3 books. Okay, see... I can explain myself. First, I had to get my thesis done this month, so I was really busy with that. And then on top of that, I got addicted to playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, soooo... I didn't have that much time to read, plus the second book kind of bored me so much it put me into a mini slump.


PLAYLIST

1.) WORST IN ME by ONE OK ROCK
“All you do is take, take, take / But you're giving me nothing, giving me nothing / Always asking for something, asking for something / Beautiful smile but you lie through your teeth.”
2.) DEAR LOVE by HEY VIOLET
“Dear love, I should've known / That you couldn't handle it when I felt alone / I gotta tell you, I thought you were deeper, maybe a keeper / Thought you might be empathetic but you acted apathetic.”
3.) STARTING LINE by LUKE HEMMINGS
“I wake every morning with the years ticking by / I’m missing all these memories, maybe they were never mine / I think I missed the gun at the starting line / Moving on and on, so very bittersweet.”
4.) WHAT A LIE by LIV HARLAND
“So I hope you find / The one that you're looking for / I thought it was me, what a lie / And I hope you go / To places we were gonna go / Now I get to go there alone.”
5.) BURIAL PLOT (REIMAGINED) by DAYSEEKER feat. SENECA
“Effortless the way you left me / Cut me open with your own two hands / I've been digging in the dirt, finding every way to hurt / Feel my body growing numb / Watch me as I come undone.”
6.) LET YOU DOWN by DIVIDED MINDS
“Every time we talk it always seems to wanna go south / Always love the high but you know I hate the come down / Staying up all night just to argue / I don't wanna fight, only you do.”
7.) TOO MUCH by RILEY BIEDERER
“I just wanna get it right / Things that keep me up at night / Running through the list of things about me that I never liked / That I'll never like.”
8.) CHEMICALS by TROPIC GOLD
“I'm sick and tired of feeling weak / I try my best but I barely sleep / It's like I never land on my feet / No greater feeling, I'm bittersweet.”
9.) BETTER THE DEVIL YOU KNOW by GALLEONS (feat. PHIL BAYER)
“No matter where I go, I see your face / I'd rather have my vision set ablaze / But now I've got to learn to live this way / Wipe away the heartache and the pain / Caused by our self-destructive ways.”
10.) U.S.S. REGRET by JONNY CRAIG
“Each day is a mistake that I made the day before / And I know I’ll never leave if I can’t open the door / Each time I think I’ve made it I wake up on the floor.”
11.) CLOSERTOYOU by VAINES
“I feel the fire creeping in / It’s getting worse / And I just wanna breathe you in and let it burn.”
12.) CLOSE ENCOUNTERS by REMEMBER THE MONSTERS
“Tell me what you see / I’m running on empty / Just trying to be me / Can't be what you need / Really need to make this work / Even though it fucking hurts.”
13.) HURT by VUKOVI
“You took it all, it hurt so much / I can see that you’re a monster, a danger / I was so scared and you got a kick out of it / 'Cause you’re so pathetic.”
14.) LULLABY by AGAINST THE CURRENT
“And the gods keep saying / "You've been warned", then leave you stranded in their storms / And now the rain just smells like war / Are monsters made or are they born?”
15.) SHATTER by AGAINST THE CURRENT
“All along you were see-through / I was just closing my eyes / I didn't wanna see you / Fell for all my own lies / Time always heals what we break / Eventually faces will fade.”
16.) SOMMER, SONNE, DEPRESSION by MADELINE JUNO
“Wer weiß, vielleicht bin ich verkehrt gepolt / Antidepressiva auf den Aperol / Soll doch der Teufel meine schwarze Seele holen / Ist das ein Lifestyle oder geht das vorbei? / Jedes Jahr gleich.”
17.) PMA by ALL TIME LOW (feat. PALE WAVES)
“What are you trying to fix me for? / Maybe I’m broken but I’m not sure / Tell me you’re ok, "Yeah? What’s that like?” / Living your best while you die inside.”
18.) LIFTS by LIA MARIE JOHNSON
“You are the sun on me / I am the moon in you / When you shine on me / That's when I show you my hues.”
19.) MONSTER by PVRIS
“How could you let them do this to you? / Your bridge started to burn when you ran all across it  / I guess you never learn ‘til you live and you lost it.”
20.) ERASE YOU by POINT NORTH
“I’m never sleeping and you the reason / And there’s a ghost in my home you know it’s creeping / I know you know I hate you / So how do I erase you?”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I binged season 2 of Biohackers within one single evening and it was truly amazing. I really hope there's going to be another season. Other than that, I watched Fear Street Part One: 1994, which was a solid horror movie, and I definitely want to watch the other two parts soon as well. Aaaand that's it... again, I didn't have a lot of time.


AUGUST TBR

• The Witch Haven by Sasha Peyton Smith
• A Lesson in Vengeance by Victoria Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment