Sunday, December 3, 2017

November Recap

WHAT I READ

Twelve (The Naturals, #4.5) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
The Naturals (The Naturals, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (re-read)
• Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (re-read)
All In (The Naturals, #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (re-read)
• Bad Blood (The Naturals, #4) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (re-read)
Invictus by Ryan Graudin

5 books, plus one novella. Honestly, I just ... do not have much time to read, usually only like an hour in the evenings, and this month especially was so full of other things to do (like, Pokémon Ultramoon for example), sooooo. This is still a pretty okay number of books to have read, even if the majority of it was a re-read session.


PLAYLIST

1.) SICKAGO by DEAF HAVANA
“'Cause I've been trying / To find a way to begin / 'Cause I know you've been / Yeah, I know you've been dying / To get under my skin.”
2.) BLIND LOVE by AWAKEN I AM
“I can't change, I can't change / The way I had left you all alone / I don't ever want to see you fall again / I'm not saying, I'm not saying / That I can make it all okay.”
3.) STAY ALIVE by HIDDEN CITIZENS
“Does the wolf apologize / When it stands on top? / I do what I need to / What I have to / To survive / And you can try / To be civilized / But I’m gonna stay alive.”
4.) RIDE IT OUT by MAKEOUT
“Don't let this burn out / Just leave your guard down / 'Cause when I dream about you here I wanna ride it out / Know when you fall down / I'll have my arms out.”
5.) BARE by WILDES
“But you’ve seen me bare / You’ve seen me covered up / Maybe I’m not scared / What you’re thinking of / Underneath my skin / Is all you’ll see today.”
6.) I'D RATHER SEE YOUR STAR EXPLODE by SLAVES
“I know you'll write me off / I know you're always gonna count me out / You think I'm gonna let you down? / Just wait.”
7.) CALM SNOW by I SEE STARS
“We're watching things unravel slowly / You're just trying to get away from yourself / It's obvious you're speaking in languages I can't read / You just hide and confide in someone else.”
8.) FIREWORKS by SLEEP ON IT feat. DEREK DISCANIO
“I took the backroads to nowhere / You said that you'd be there / Digesting the warmer air / We always gamble with cheap talk / Cracks in the sidewalks / It's too late to just walk away.”
9.) CHAOS IN MOTION by I THE MIGHTY
“Don't look down / All the bridges are crumbling / The car's out of gas, so run fast / Feet on the ground in this city that's burning / We'll find our way out / Chaos in motion.”
10.) T-SHIRT SONG by DON BROCO
“They're saying there's one song left / No time for no regrets / I take my T-shirt off / Swing it around my head / I wouldn't be who I'd be without you.”
11.) HOLD ME TIGHT OR DON'T by FALL OUT BOY
“And when your stich comes loose / I want to sleep on every piece of fuzz and stuffing that comes out of you / I took too many hits off this memory / I need to come down.”

I discovered so much new music, and so many great new bands (well, new to me). Thanks to Spotify, of course. The recommendations were lit this month. You know what was also lit? The PVRIS concert. So good. A truly amazing month music-wise.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I started watching The Gifted, because I saw it all over my Tumblr dash and it piqued my interest and I gotta say, so far it's incredibly well done. I love the social commentary, the cast is incredible, the characters and their stories and the plot is extremely engrossing — all in all, I'm really enjoying it so far.
I'm also vastly enjoying what has aired so far of Marvel's Runaways, which I started watching on a whim because I didn't really have anything better to watch and man, it just hooked me in. I can't get enough of it.
Similarly, Brooklyn Nine-Nine shines (almost) every week as well, it is truly the week's highlight and I am truly cherishing every second, as always.
Jane the Virgin had a rough time for me personally, there were plot lines and things that just ... were not my cup of tea, and it's still a bit cringe-y from time to time, but I have a feeling that it's only going to get better from here on out. I sure hope so, seeing as this might be the last season...
Riverdale, eh. What can I say. I tune in every week, a slave to pop culture, and honestly I cannot for the life of me tell you why I'm still here. It's trash, and it's not even that enjoyable as far as trash goes, but for some reason I'm still here, as I said. There's some aspects that I enjoy, but by now they're few and far in between, so we'll see how long my "loyalty" is going to last from here on out.
I also watched a couple episodes of Reign and Sense8. Little by little, the bird builds its nest.


DECEMBER TBR

• Love, Life and the List by Kasie West
• Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment