Monday, May 1, 2017

April Recap


WHAT I READ

Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
• Blue Lily Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
Defy the Stars (Defy the Stars, #1) by Claudia Gray

8 books. That's actually not too bad, I gotta say.

PLAYLIST

1.) SLOW BURN by STATE CHAMPS
“We set a fire that both ends with our best lines and best intentions  / Let go of what we know and make tonight our reinvention.”
2.) NOW OR NEVER by HALSEY
“We've been through it all / But you could never spit it out for me / Trying to talk to a wall / But you could never tear it down for me.”
3.) BLACK BUTTERFLIES AND DÉJÀ VU by THE MAINE
“I've been searching for the right words / But I can't even find an echo / Don't you let go / There are only twenty six letters I can use.”
4.) TAXI by THE MAINE
“And in the backseat / When you asked me, "Is the sadness everlasting?" / I pulled you closer, looked at you and said, "love, I think it is".”
5.) DOPAMINE by ANARBOR
“I've been thinking a lot about you lately / And I don't know what's come over me / But you know, I can't stop 'cause I won't make it / It's in my personality.”
6.) LIFE OF THE PARTY by ALL TIME LOW
“Somewhere in between who I used to be / And who I’ll be tomorrow when the champagne blows my mind / In a sea of strangers, I can’t find me anymore.”

I know that Fall Out Boy also released a new song this month, but ... honestly? This is the first time in all the 10 years I've been a fan of them that I didn't like their new stuff. I'm still holding out hope that the album won't completely disappoint me, so I'm not judging too quickly yet, but ... yeah. Young and Menace really wasn't for me.

CINEMATOGRAPHY

So I basically binge-watched the entirety of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in less than a week, it was so addictive. I started watching spontaneously because I've seen a lot of Skyeward from afar and I love it so much, and it broke my heart basically. I'll say that I still think season 1 was the best, tbh. 
I also got caught up a bit more on both Sleepy Hollow and The Royals. I don't think I'm going to continue the latter; I've made it halfway through season 1 and it's just really not for me. I don't care for any of the characters or relationships, the opposite really, so I think I'll just drop it. I'm almost finished with season 2 of the former though, and I'm hoping to start season 3 soon-ish.
Another show I'm finally all caught up on is Wynonna Earp, which I started watching, what, two months ago? Three? Anyway, I finished watching that, too.
Riverdale is my fave because archieronnie stays winning each week, I'm in love with their love.
There was only one episode this month for both The 100 and Jane the Virgin, and even though they didn't blow me away, I liked them well enough. I'm really hyped up for the last three episodes of
The 100 though. (and I hope Bellarke will finally come through and ... do something.)
Lastly, Brooklyn Nine-Nine needs to be renewed for season 5 like.... right now. I love it so much, I relish every episode. Pretty Little Liars excitement hasn't really kicked in (yet?), but I'm enjoying it, too. Spoby wrecks me 5ever.
Looking at this list, it's really not that hard to understand why I haven't been reading that much this month... I'm a horrible person.

MAY TBR

• The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game, #2) by Evelyn Skye
• Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
• Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All The Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han

There's a lot of new releases coming up this May, so we'll see what I'll have the time to read. I know which one's not on my list though, which is Sarah J Maas' latest trash tbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment