Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March Recap


WHAT I READ

Burning Kingdoms (Internment Chronicles, #2) by Lauren DeStefano
A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab
The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes, #3) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The Winner's Crime (Winner's Trilogy, #2) by Marie Rutkoski
Unleashed (Uninvited, #2) by Sophie Jordan
Catalyst (Control, #2) by Lydia Kang

6 books. Since I had a crazy busy month, especially around the middle of it (seriously, I barely had a free minute), I had little time to read. I'm a little upset about that, seeing as I'd made so much progress last month with getting my reading game back up, but honestly, this was simply out of my control. I'm just happy I'm on break now, and I am planning to read as much as I can, soak up the time I have while I have it, since I'll be back on stressful exam duty after the holidays are over. Seems like high school is just one exam period after the next.


PLAYLIST

1.) FOURTH OF JULY by FALL OUT BOY
“I said I'd never miss you but I guess you never know / May the bridges I have burned light my way back home.”
2.) OUTSIDE by CALVIN HARRIS ft. ELLIE GOULDING
“So, you give me no reason / For me to stay close to you / Tell me what lovers do / How are we still breathing? / It's never for us to choose.”
3.) THNKS FR TH MMRS by FALL OUT BOY
“Thanks for the memories / Even though they weren't so great / He tastes like you, only sweeter.”
4.) MAD AT MYSELF by ISSUES
“That feeling we felt / We called it love, you called it off / And I've never been so mad at myself / She's like a Honda, these days I drive Mercedes.”
5.) HOTEL CEILING by RIXTON
“I've been staring at the hotel ceiling / Drinking everything I've found this evening / Trying to hold onto the sweetest feeling / I start to see this, everyone I know cannot believe this.”
6.) DROWN by BRING ME THE HORIZON
“It comes in waves, I close my eyes / Hold my breath and let it bury me / I'm not okay and it's not alright / Won't you drain the lake and bring me home again?”
7.) KIDS IN THE DARK by ALL TIME LOW
“They left us alone / The kids in the dark / To burn out forever / Or light up a spark / We come together, state of the art / We'll never surrender the kids in the dark / So let the world sing / What a shame, what a shame / Beautiful scars on critical veins.”
8.) I AM by HANDS LIKE HOUSES
“You’re one of a thousand voices / In my head that all just sound the same / If mine never made a difference / It won’t make the meaning change.”
9.) RISING UP by YOUNG GUNS
“We're in love with defeat / And we march to the beat / But I know what I've seen's not out of reach / So give it to me.”
10.) NOVOCAINE by FALL OUT BOY
“Because they took our love and they filled it up / Filled it up with novocaine and now I’m just numb / And don't mind me, I’m just the son of a gun.”
11.) RUNAWAYS by ALL TIME LOW
“When the sun goes down on this town / There'll be no one left but us / Just like runaways / They will have to find some other hearts to break.”
12.) TIDAL WAVES by ALL TIME LOW (feat. MARK HOPPUS)
“Spread your lies like fireflies / In a wild hot summer trying to pull me under / You shot the words, they hurt like knives / When you lose your color, there'll be nothing left.”
13.) STYLE by TAYLOR SWIFT
“You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye / And I got that red lip classic thing that you like / And when we go crashing down, we come back every time.”

Okay, so this month was the All Time Low concert. Can I just say that I'm still experiencing post-concert nostalgia and sadness? Seriously, please please please take me back. I wanna revisit that night. It was just so fucking awesome, you can't believe. Jack and Alex are probably two of the funniest guys I have ever come across and I don't think I even need to mention how awesome All Time Low played live either. It was one of the most amazing nights I have ever had. And I had such a good view, I was seriously freaking out a little bit at first because I was literally standing like 5 meters away from Alex fucking Gaskarth. And Jack, and Rian, and Zack. And just. Throughout the whole show, I had the perfect view of all four guys and the mood and atmosphere were so addictive and fucking great. Also, the setlist was perfect. The songs they played were so damn epic live, especially their new song Kids In The Dark was probably the highlight of the concert. If you ever have the chance to see All Time Low live, go do it. You will most definitely not regret it. The only downside is that it made me all the more sad I couldn't go see Issues roughly two weeks after that, but oh well. I'll see them next time they're around in Germany. :) However, I am even more pumped for the 5sos concert in May, and Fall Out Boy in October now!
Also, so much new music! My playlist is overflowing this month. But can you blame me?



CINEMATOGRAPHY

I picked up the second season of Orphan Black again. I watched the first four episodes a while back, but stopped when I couldn't find the time to watch every week. Since I'm finally on a holiday break, I thought it was high time to start where I left off and finish it, especially since Season 3 is airing in April. And GODDAMN THAT FREAKING PLOT TWIST AT THE END OF S2 HOLY SHIT.
The 100 also came to an end. I'm not sure about the ending though, but I'm excited to see where it'll pick up next season and wondering which direction it's going to take. At this point, I'm truly invested and it's actually become a show I genuinely look forward to, which I didn't expect at all.
And last but not least, I started watching the fourth season of Once Upon A Time, too. I'm only two episodes in so far when this post goes online, so I can't say too much on how I feel about s4 yet.


APRIL TBR

• Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle, #2) by Rachel Hawkins#
• The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3) by Page Morgan

I'm also really, really excited for An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir, but that's releasing so late in the month, I'm like a 100% sure I won't be able to get my hands on it in April. May then. On another note, I still have Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman lying around too, which, quite frankly, I am a little scared to pick up with its 600 pages. I'm hoping it'll be fast-paced, otherwise I'm not sure I'll enjoy it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment