Friday, January 30, 2015

January Recap


WHAT I READ

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins
Anew (Archers of Avalon, #1) by Chelsea Fine
Awry (Archers of Avalon, #2) by Chelsea Fine
Avow (Archers of Avalon, #3) by Chelsea Fine
• Leave The Window Open (The Archived, #2.5) by Victoria Schwab
School Spirits (School Spirits, #1) by Rachel Hawkins
Firefight (Reckoners, #2) by Brandon Sanderson
Reborn (Altered, #3) by Jennifer Rush
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Ensnared (Splintered, #3) by A. G. Howard
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard
All Fall Down (Embassy Row, #1) by Ally Carter

12 books total. Plus one novella, of course. For the start of the year, that's not too bad I think, and I'm pretty happy with that number. I feel like I've had a pretty good streak of books so far, and I'll be happy to continue on with improving my book count as the months progress. Hopefully.


PLAYLIST

1.) LION SKIN by HANDS LIKE HOUSES (feat. JONNY CRAIG & TYLER CARTER)
“The lights are out but I walk these halls / Push the sheep out of your mind / Count the wolves and we'll sleep tonight.”
2.) KING OF AMARILLO by ISSUES
“And I can't wait to say whatever / and I can't wait to shed some light / On every little thing you've broken / and get on with my life.”
3.) SPEECHLESS by MEMPHIS MAY FIRE
“Starving artist, no match for a queen / but walls come down and love's limitless when you find what's meant to be  / Supernatural, it's more than what we see.”
4.) THE WORST OF THEM (ACOUSTIC) by ISSUES
“You've got third degree burns and now it's your turn / To feel what I feel / And if it don't hurt then you know what we got / Ain't real.”
5.) CHASING HEARTS by BREATHE CAROLINA (feat. TYLER CARTER)
“My mind's racing, eyes are blurry / Bacardi chasing, no worries / And I don't wanna give it up / But I'm out of touch with you.”
6.) JET PACK BLUES by FALL OUT BOY
“Did you ever love her? / Do you know? / Or did you never want to be alone?”
7.) TWIN SKELETON'S (HOTEL IN NYC) by FALL OUT BOY
“And I just need enough of you to dull the pain / Just to get me through the night till we're twins again / Till we strip down to our skeletons again.”
8.) SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE by ALL TIME LOW
“Wake me up / Say enough is enough / I'm dying to live / Something's gotta give / Pull me out / Of this sinking town / I'm dying to live / Something's gotta give.”
9.) STARVING FOR FRIENDS by SLAVES (feat. VIC FUENTES)
“Don't make me wait for a falling star / I've been afraid that the blood in my heart / Won't sing for me a melody that's ours / Drown me in the rain, I'd swim and sink for you.”

Yup, I continued my Tyler Carter hype that started last month already, because he's just so goddamn talented, I swear. But, with Fall Out Boy's new album, he was on pause and I'm still not finished listening to American Beauty/American Psycho all the time. Not as good as Save Rock and Roll, to be honest, but still a very solid new album. I love those four dudes.
However. Every single song was eclipsed by fucking ALL TIME LOW releasing new music. I am so damn ready for this new album. Come at me, bro. I really, really love the new song, it's just so All Time Low-esque but at the same time something entirely new, you know? The boys are just so great and talented at producing new stuff that's never ever a let down. God, I love them so damn much, I can't believe it's the 6th album already. 7 years and counting... I'll always support them, no matter what. They have become such an integral part of my life, I couldn't imagine it without these four crazy dudes in it. Cannot wait to see them in two months.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

At the beginning of the month I finally started watching season 2 of The 100 and catching up. For me, The 100 has always been more of a trash TV series than something I watch seriously. However, I think this new season is definitely a lot better than the previous one, and I am holding the show in much higher regard now. Really, really sad about what happened in the mid-season finale, but oh well. I am really looking forward to seeing how this show is going to move forward from this and develop. It's currently in the make or break phase. Either where the writers are going to go with it is gonna be awesome, or it's gonna be extremely shitty. We'll see.


FEBRUARY TBR

• The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6) by Richelle Mead
• Unleashed (Uninvited, #2) by Sophie Jordan

Yeah ... I'll just continue to not put pressure on myself and keep to setting low standards for myself as far as reading goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment