Saturday, October 4, 2014

September Recap

WHAT I READ

See Me by Wendy Higgins
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Trial by Fire (Worldwalker trilogy, #1) by Josephine Angelini
The Perilous Sea (Elementals, #2) by Sherry Thomas
The Infinite Sea (5th Wave, #2) by Rick Yancey
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
Unmade (Lynburn Legacy, #3) by Sarah Rees Brennan
Unmarked (The Legion, #2) by Kami Garcia

9 books. Not as much as I'd hoped it might be, but I do think I'm finally closer to actually breaking out of that reading slump. I know, I've said it a couple times before, but, seriously — especially with all of the exciting books coming out in the next few months, I just have to read more again. (Besides, I read a ton of fanfiction/imagines this month. So, there's that.)

PLAYLIST

1) CAN WE DANCE? by THE VAMPS
“I talk a lot of shit when I'm drinking, baby / I'm known to go a little too fast / Don't mind all my friends, I know they're all crazy / But they're the only friends that I have.”
2) DAYLIGHT by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Before we started, it was over / I feel our bodies getting colder / And it's the road that leads to nowhere / But all I want to do is go there.”
3) WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU (Live @ iTunes Festival 2014) by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Keep on whispering in my ear / Tell me all the things that I wanna hear / 'Cause it's true, that's what I like about you.”
4) CENTURIES by FALL OUT BOY
“Mummified my teenage dreams / No, it's nothing wrong with me / The kids are all wrong, the story's all off / Heavy metal broke my heart.”
5) THE NEW NATIONAL ANTHEM by PIERCE THE VEIL
“Haunted hearts, we melt over the fabric of your floor / I'm holdin' her just like she's gold / And if I ever catch the ones who hurt you / I'm hoping that God looks away this time.”
6.) ALIBI by BANKS
“Baby, I tried / I promise I'm usually better than this / And now I can't even recognize myself anymore / You turned me into this.”
7.) YOU SHOULD KNOW WHERE I'M COMING FROM by BANKS
“What if I said I'd break your heart? / What if I knew I would just rip your mind apart / If I told you solitude fits me like a glove / Would you let me out?”
8.) THROW YOUR ROSES by THE COLOR MORALE
“I know right now you think that no one is listening / If we fall together, we'll live forever and never grow alone.”
9.) OUTER DEMONS by THE COLOR MORALE
“I've got myself and no one else / And I am just fine with this / I've got myself and no one else / But I'm not okay, who am I kidding?”

Can we just talk about the fact that 5sos' iTunes Festival performance was absolutely fucking amazing? Because I feel like it definitely needs to be mentioned. These guys have such great stage presence, I felt it even from my laptop screen watching the livestream. They are just so damn talented and that night was really such a good one for them in my opinion. Now I seriously can't wait to finally see them live myself in May! Their Amnesia EP with essentially two new tracks plus a new official live version of Amnesia was great, too. But it was kind of overshadowed by Fall Out Boy's new track which was released a few days later, Centuries. Let's just keep this short and say that I will be listening to that song for centuries indeed. Next up, the new Banks album — something I've been secretly coveting and waiting for, actually; I really like her music, even though it's  totally not my genre. I don't know why either, but she's got something, Anyway, I absolutely loved the album. I also loved The Color Morales' new album, which admittedly, I didn't know the band before then, but through Twitter, I discovered them this month and their newest album is so, so good. Give them a listen, they're really underrated!

CINEMATOGRAPHY

Oh, uhm. Well. I'm racking my brain right now, but I .. don't think I've really watched anything this month? Aside from the two final episodes of Teen Wolf, obviously. There's still a lot of catching up I have to do with some of the shows I'm following, but I didn't do that. Basically, all I did this month was watch a German Let's Player, Gronkh, all the time. That guy is addicting, because he is probably the most hilarious guy I have ever come across. Seriously, everyone who doesn't speak German and thus, can't understand him, is so missing out.

OCTOBER TBR

• Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch
• Talon (Talon, #1) by Julie Kagawa
• The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu

There are lots of new releases coming up this month, and I'm not quite sure which ones I wanna read more, so I'm trying to keep my TBR loose and open, so I can switch it up as much as I like. Unfortunately the ones I wanna read the most are releasing towards the end of October, so I'm not sure I'll be able to read them before the month is over, but I'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment