Sunday, June 3, 2018

May Recap

WHAT I READ

An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
Royals (Royals, #1) by Rachel Hawkins
Circe by Madeline Miller
War Storm (Red Queen, #4) by Victoria Aveyard
The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo
The Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus, #5) by Rick Riordan
The Hidden Oracle (Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan
The Dark Prophecy (Trials of Apollo, #2) by Rick Riordan
The Burning Maze (Trials of Apollo, #3) by Rick Riordan
Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand

10 books. I'm now already more than 50 books into the year, which is great — maybe I'll even manage to read a hundred books again this year? It's been a while since I achieved that. We'll see.

PLAYLIST

1.) CRYSTAL BALL by STATE CHAMPS
“Opposite of here there’s a bold faced enemy / But sure enough, when I look up / It’s myself staring back at me.”
2.) THE WAY I AM by CHARLIE PUTH
“'Cause all I wanna do is just hold somebody / But no one ever wants to get to know somebody / If you go and look under the surface / I'm a little insecure.”
3.) STRANGERS AGAIN by AGAINST THE CURRENT
“We had what we had but it's done and I'm over it / Held on for too long and I should have let go of it / I knew it was wrong but I tried to keep hold of it.”
4.) I WANNA KNOW by BEA MILLER & NOTD
“Is she the one / That I couldn't be for you? / Is she the one? / I hate that you're the one / That I never get over / That I wanna get closer to.”
5.) IF YOU'RE HEARING THIS by PARSON JAMES feat. BETTY WHO & HOOK N SLING
“We all wanna believe / Wanna believe in something / 'Cause if we believe in nothing / Then what do we have? What do we have?”
6.) YOUR GIRL by VIOLET DAYS
“I tried to reach through your silence / But you just look away / As if there's nothing left to say / It's like you're acting like our love was never wild enough.”
7.) REMEMBER by OMAHA
“I've always been a stone's throw from you / With a little space and time had you walking back around / And it's true / If you leave a fire to smoulder the flames can come back stronger.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

The 100 is truly having its best season yet and I am simply living. I love every second of it, and I am truly hanging onto every second of every episode that is airing.
The Shadowhunters finale was also great, I am really looking forward to 3b and the new relationships that are going to (hopefully) develop (*cough* sizzy *cough*).
Another show that aired its season finale this month: Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I am SO beyond happy that it's not cancelled after all and that we are getting a 6th season. This show can do no wrong and I would be here for it for another 10 seasons at least.
This month was full of season finales, another one was Riverdale and it was .... blegh. Honestly ... Why. Why am I still here? I don't know if I'll tune in to season 3. It was so underwhelming and boring. Eh.
Timeless' season finale, on the other hand, ... oh boy. Jeez. I hope it's getting renewed soon because I NEED that season 3 now.
As for Reign, I'm done now. I finished all four seasons, and I have to say, I think I liked season 4 the best? It was very much more focused on actual historical story and less on romance (at least in the England and Scotland story lines) and I really enjoyed it. It was also a lot more historically accurate across the board, lmao. It was nice, all in all.
Two shows I watched from start to finish this month: The Good Place and The Rain. For the former, it was 2 seasons of amazing comedy, and the latter was ... okay. It was interesting enough, but *cough* it's got nothing on our German Dark.
Of course, I binged season 2 of Dear White People within 2 days. I did try to savor it (I at least managed to not binge it in one sitting!) but ... it was just too good. Please give me season 3.

I watched a movie as well! Guardians of the Galaxy. The first one, and it was alright.


JUNE TBR

• Save the Date by Morgan Matson

No comments:

Post a Comment