Thursday, August 11, 2022

July Recap

 

WHAT I READ

A Thousand Steps Into Night by Traci Chee
This Vicious Grace (The Last Finestra, #1) by Emily Thiede
I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Casey McQuiston
Book of Night by Holly Black

4 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) BAD THINGS by I PREVAIL
“I’m heading for disaster / Burn bridges just for fun / Have I gone numb? / It’s a goddamn shame / I push away the people that I love the most.”
2.) BLOOD RUNS COLD by RAIN CITY DRIVE
“I still feel you my veins / Given up, but I can’t just walk away / You’re already part of me / Even when our blood runs cold.”
3.) ETERNITY by RAIN CITY DRIVE
“Break the silence / But to paint a pretty picture’s not what I mean / So rewind it back and read it like a crime scene.”
4.) NOTHING LEFT by RAIN CITY DRIVE
“Don't mistake silence for leaving the fight / Only person you know that'll throw your bullshit back at you / If you name me the time and the place then I'd be happy to.”
5.) CARELESS KIND by YOURS TRULY
“My body’s just a house / And all the lights are out / Dust on the surface and / Everything’s so overgrown.”
6.) BRUISES by YOUR TRULY (feat. DREW YORK)
“Is this what you wanted? / A clearer state of mind / Better bite the bullet / Press down on bruises like wine / Heals better with time.”
7.) COMPLICATED by NEVERKEPT
“I never wanted to be / Just a game that you lose / Nothing is shatterproof / I never wanted to be / Just another crack in your hourglass.”
8.) BLENDER by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Nothing left, what a mess / Oh my god it never ends / And we're going round again / In an emotional blender.”
9.) GASOLINE by TRUE NORTH
“So rip the bandage off / Then you could heal me / 'Cause I couldn't let go if it killed me / And so I watch myself betray the real me.”
10.) FEEL ANYTHING by TRUE NORTH
“If you'd grown as much as you said you would / Then why can't you see that you can't have everything? / I still hear you say that you don't feel anything.”
11.) CENTER FRAME by TRUE NORTH
“'Cause I can’t justify who I’ve become / I keep pretending, I can't keep it up or I / Push you away until you never see / I was the person that you thought I was.”
12.) MIRACLE by A DAY TO REMEMBER
“Yeah I struggled so know what it takes / The pressure only builds till it breaks / If you could only feel the way that I feel.”
13.) HIGHLIGHTS by MOTHICA
“Would you read the story if the ending isn't tragic? / Can't have the noise without all the static / Pick me apart so you can see / Which of the parts to keep and to leave.”
14.) BLOOD by MOTHICA
“I'm weak, I start to attack / My teeth in you / 'Cause, baby, that's what hurt people do / I can't take it back / I guess they made me a monster, too.”

CINEMATOGRAPHY

So everyone's gushing about Stranger Things Season 4 Vol. 2 but I'm honestly not quite sure what to feel about these last two episodes. It was still a solid season overall, but man was that ending unsatisfying and did some real shit happen (Why Max? Also literally nobody asked for Stancy back please leave the trash in 2020 where it belongs)
First Kill unfortunately also did not manage to win me over after all. I don't know how or why I pushed through until the end, but I can't even say that it was particularly entertaining through its bad writing. Needless to say I probably won't be coming back for season 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment