Saturday, August 1, 2020

July Recap

WHAT I READ

You Say It First by Katie Cotugno
The Damned (The Beautiful, #2) by Renée Ahdieh
The Dark Between Stars by Atticus

3 books. There was a lot going on, uhm, so that's my excuse.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I am still loving The 100, I'm sorry, what can I say? I'm seeing more and more people not liking this season, and being confused or bored with some of the storylines, and I don't.. get that at all. I am enchanted by all of the different storylines and am so super duper excited for all of it.
I basically devoured the whole of the CW's Nancy Drew in a few days, I loved it that much. Like, it was RIDICULOUS and kinda trashy but it absolutely didn't take itself too seriously because of that, which was so refreshing. It did remind me a bit of Riverdale in that regard, but a thousand times better because of the not taking itself too serious thing.
After that, I finally caught up on The Bold Type, and it absolutely broke me, y'all. I can't believe this, but also I can, because the same thing with Sutton&Richard happened to me and it just made it all the more heartbreaking, but also exactly what I needed? Man, it was so good.
That's pretty much most of it; I finally watched the last two episodes of and thus finished season 1 of Better Call Saul, and started in on season 3 of The Walking Dead, but didn't get around to watching a ton yet. I watched the one animated episode of One Day at a Time, but I gotta say, I didn't particularly feel that one unfortunately. I also didn't get around to watching much of DARK season three yet, unfortunately, but I plan on finally finishing that one soon! I just need time to really focus and concentrate on this show because it's so intricate and complex and I haven't had the mindspace for that yet, but ... soon!

As for movies, I watched Halloween 2018 and I quite liked it. I also got around to watching Love, Rosie and it was definitely... something. Not quite what I'd expected, but I enjoyed it well enough.


PLAYLIST

1.) HEAVEN by SOLENCE
“I think we could reach heaven / If we go through hell / And trust each other.”
2.) SLOW GRENADE by ELLIE GOULDING ft. LAUV
“You say my name like you know my dark side / Can’t beat the taste of the tears that I’ll cry.”
3.) GLASS HEART by SAM TINNESZ & TOMMEE PROFITT
“It hits me, like arrows  / So deep the blood is scarlet / Is this how it ends? / This glass heart / Is shattering to pieces, shattering to pieces.”
4.) PERSONAL by POINT NORTH
“I’ll just let you bury yourself / But I’ll still go and get a shovel / You could pull me under if you want / If there's something that you want to settle, this is our final fight.”
5.) KILL MY TIME by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“You're the only one that makes me feel alive / I can't keep drowning in the shadows / Here I am, laying it all on the line / You're the only one that matters.”
6.) EYE OPENER by SLAVES
“I'm watching you destroy the only thing I trust / They say true love's blind / They tell me wait for a sign / It's time my head takes over / Last night was an eye opener.”
7.) FOR LIFE by SHADED
“I’m stuck here in London, breaking down from a distance / What I’d give to be yours, to be home / But if we don’t try we’ll never know / I know times change, people do / But I still feel the same ‘bout you.”
8.) K.I.A. by SHADED
“I let it go so easy but / I still feel you all the same / And though I let you down, wish that I came around / I guess I’m just too late / I can’t play, this ain’t my game.”
9.) BURIED by UNSECRET feat. KATIE HERZIG
“I trusted you to be kind / And look what it cost me / You promised I would be safe / But you struck without warning.”
10.) NOT DEAD YET by FAME ON FIRE
“Tell me right now, is this really what you wanted? / I don’t even care 'cause I’m laying at the bottom / Nothing left to give, all my options are exhausted / Yeah, I’m just trying to be honest.”
11.) BEHAVE by VUKOVI
“I want you to love me, and I want you to stay / We're so good together / And I want you to love me, I promise I'll behave / Please just give me something.”
12.) I'M SORRY by VUKOVI
“You should leave me because you've always been the best / I love you forever, I got one thing right / In my sea of darkness you're always the light.”
13.) FOR THE NIGHT by CONOR MAYNARD
“Maybe we’ll pretend / And say we’ll meet again someday but / We know it’s the end / So act like you love me / Even if it's just tonight.”


AUGUST TBR

• Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power

No comments:

Post a Comment