Tuesday, April 3, 2018

March Recap

WHAT I READ

Hero at the Fall (Rebel of the Sands, #3) by Alwyn Hamilton
Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi (re-read)
Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4) by Tahereh Mafi
Opal (The Raven Cycle, #4.5) by Maggie Stiefvater
Rubinrot (Edelstein-Trilogie, #1) by Kerstin Gier (re-read)
Saphirblau (Edelstein-Trilogie, #2) by Kerstin Gier (re-read)
Smaragdgrün (Edelstein-Trilogie, #3) by Kerstin Gier (re-read)
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
The Ersatz Elevator (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #6) by Lemony Snicket
Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
The Vile Village (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #7) by Lemony Snicket
• The Hostile Hospital (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #8) by Lemony Snicket
The Final Six by Alexandra Monir
The Carnivorous Carnival (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #9) by Lemony Snicket
Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi

15 books, plus one novella. I couldn't be happier, actually. I definitely got some good reading in this month. It's amazing what one can accomplish once one actually has some quality down time.


PLAYLIST

1.) FALL by PALISADES
I wanna fall / And never once look back / I wanna know / I make you feel like that / I wanna make this the start of something.
2.) WISE ENOUGH by LAMB
Are we not wise enough to give all we are? / Surely we're bright enough to outshine the stars / But humankind gets so lost in finding its way.
3.) CALI GOD by GRACE MITCHELL
I can't bear the thought of you / Locking arms with someone else / Holding very tight, crystallized image in my mind / I won't tell a lie now.
4.) ZOMBIE LOVE by BOHNES
Calm and vulnerable, pull me out the mud / When you get on me, love / It’s like zombie love / I’ve been living six feet down / Baby, I’m alive right now.
5.) WANNA BE MISSED by HAYLEY KIYOKO
“Wanna be loved every night / Wanna know she’s only mine / Breathe her in, give me life / Got all these hearts in a line / They all wasting their time.”
6.) WHAT I NEED by HAYLEY KIYOKO (feat. KEHLANI)
“When we’re all alone, girl you wanna own it / When we’re with your fam, you don’t wanna show it / I only want a girl who ain’t afraid to love me / Not a metaphor of what we really could.”
7.) SANCTIFY by YEARS & YEARS
“You'll find redemption when all this is through / Father, forgive me for finding the truth / Love takes its toll on me, I'm just like you / Maybe it's heavenly.”

It was a very slow month for new music though, unfortunately.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I finally, finally finished watching Sense8 this month. Over the semester break, I really wanted to catch up on all of the shows I'd fallen behind in and also wanted to finish some of the ones I'd started and never finished. This falls into latter category, and oh my lord - once the ball finally started rolling towards the end of season 1, I was hooked. So I binge-watched season 2 in basically two days (I did want to savor it a little bit, at least) and now I am dying for more. I really hope that we'll be getting some news in regards to the finale special soon and that, maybe, against all odds, we do get another season perhaps? We'll see. But anyway, Kalagang forever.
In the same vein, I also finally finished watching season 2 of The Shannara Chronicles. It ended up being fun, but I also can't say that I'm bleeding over the fact that it was cancelled. It definitely wasn't my favorite thing ever.
Another show I finished? Orphan Black, finally. I watched seasons 3 through 5 at last, and I gotta say, I really enjoyed it in the end, however, it really took a down turn from season 4 onwards. The last half of season 5 was pretty amazing again, but season 3 was definitely the show at its very best and the two seasons that came after couldn't top that.
Jane the Virgin is really hitting it for me right now, honestly, I am really enjoying season 4 more and more. I think I'll be pretty happy to see this show end after season 5, especially if it's going to continue on as strongly.
Cheryl is bisexual and Toni x Cheryl is happening, guess who's suddenly invested in Riverdale again? It's me, your neighborhood thirsty wlw starving for some sapphic action.
Speaking of, I am also still enjoying Black Lightning every week. Going steady as well.
I already wasted my wlw segue, but it still technically falls under the same category, right? Because Brooklyn Nine-Nine is also back from hiatus and, unsurprisingly, amazing. This show just makes me so stupidly happy, I can't.
Another show back from hiatus, Shadowhunters! I am very excited to discover what the new season has in store for us, I'm glad it's back. All of my favorite shows are slowly, bit by bit, resurrecting, or just waking up from hibernation, I guess.
Psssst, The 100 season 5 trailer dropped this month as well and, like, I don't want to be too extra (there'll be enough time for that in the months to come) but I think I just might die once this season drops. It looks soooo good.

As I have re-read the books, I then of course also watched the movie adaptations: Rubinrot, Saphirblau and Smaragdgrün. The first two were rewatches for me, the last one I saw for the first time and I was .... uhm, surprised. It deviated a lot, and I mean a lot, from the book which confused me a bit and I'm still not quite sure I liked it.


APRIL TBR

• Defy the Worlds (Constellation, #2) by Claudia Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment