Wednesday, March 1, 2017

February Recap

WHAT I READ

The Miserable Mill (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #4) by Lemony Snicket
By Your Side by Kasie West
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West (re-read)
Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard (re-read)
Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #5) by Lemony Snicket
King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard
RoseBlood by A. G. Howard
Am I Normal Yet? (The Spinster Club, #1) by Holly Bourne
Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
The Valiant (The Valiant, #1) by Lesley Livingston

12 books. I'm happy.



PLAYLIST

1.) RUINS by RYDER
“Sometimes love deserves to burn in flames / I've got a heart on the edge and it wants to break / And I know that once I walk away / I won't return to the ruins.”
2.) I GOT YOU by SOFIA KARLBERG
“I can see you hurting / I've been through the same thing / I just wanna know you / Tell me all your secrets / Looking like you need it.”
3.) BREATHE by LAUV
“I've watched those eyes light up with a smile / River in the not good times / You taught me all that I know / I've seen your soul grow just like a rose.”
4.) DIRTY LAUNDRY by ALL TIME LOW
“Dirty laundry is piling in her room / She's got her secrets, yeah I've got mine too / I don't care about what you did / Only care about what we do.”
5.) SETTLE DOWN by THE 1975
“And you're cold and I burn / I guess I'll never learn / 'Cause I stay another hour or two.”
6.) STAY by ZEDD feat. ALESSIA CARA
“Won't admit what I already know / I've never been the best at letting go / I don't wanna spend the night alone / Guess I need you, and I need to.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

The 100 is back and better than ever. I'm loving every second of it, y'all. If we don't get a season 5, I'm gonna be so mad, because this is good shit. So is Shadowhunters, which I am also loving, as I've already mentioned last month. It only gets better with every episode.
Riverdale is new, and I did not think I would actually end up liking this show as much as I ultimately do, at the moment at least. The first episode really hooked me in, and I'm excited to see where this show is gonna go. I have no idea, since I have not consumed any form of the source material (neither the comics nor the cartoon).
After reading the books, I finally got around to watching Netflix's A Series of Unfortunate Events, too and hoooo boy, lemme tell you. I absolutely loved it. I'd watched and, yes, loved the movie back when it first came out, even though it's got mostly negative reviews only, haha. But, I have to say, the show does a much better job, especially since it stays so close to the books. Love it. And of course Neil Patrick Harris is literally the perfect Count Olaf. Sorry, Jim Carrey, but you've got nothing on him.
After a certain event happened in the 10th episode of season 3 of Jane the Virgin, I actually jumped back into it. I dropped it halfway through season 2 due to .. uhm.. various reasons, but now I can finally watch it again and it's as funny and awesome as I remember it! I really missed JTV. Glad it's back for me.
Lastly, I started watching Wynonna Earp, mainly because it has a canon wlw couple, but it's also a pretty cool show.
As for movies, I watched Now You See Me, which was a cool movie. Not at all what I expected to be honest (I went in blind), but entertaining nonetheless.

MARCH TBR

• Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor
• The Song Rising (The Bone Season, #3) by Samantha Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment