Sunday, September 4, 2016

August Recap

WHAT I READ

If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
The Hawkweed Prophecy by Irena Brignull
• Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff
The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3) by Mary E. Pearson
The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1) by Evelyn Skye

5 books. Not a lot, especially seeing as I didn't post any blog posts either, but about halfway through the month my PC broke down before I could write any reviews or other such stuff. It took me a while to retrieve all my passwords from my memory and also I need to adjust to writing on my laptop again, then. I kind of hate having to do stuff on my laptop, but... no way around it, I guess. We'll see how next month goes.



PLAYLIST

1.) CLOSER by THE CHAINSMOKERS (feat. HALSEY)
“You look as good as the day I met you / I forget just why I left you, I was insane / Stay and play that Blink-182 song / That we beat to death in Tucson.”
2.) THE DREAMER by I THE MIGHTY
“So you curse at the sun to give into your love like a switch that can be turned on / Like you sleep with a plug in your back, sure enough, there's a point it will come undone.”
3.) NO CHASER by PALISADES
“I'm not the one to chase / I might never see you again / I'll take the leap if I can / Can't let you go without my hand.”
4.) IN TOO FAR by ACCEPTANCE
“This is where we left off and I’m trying hard to let go / This is where we left off and I’m still waiting to see if you’ll show.”
5.) NIGHT PEOPLE by YOU ME AT SIX
“It's been a hell of a week / I couldn't bring myself to sleep / We are night people / Roaming these streets.”
6.) DON'T LEAN ON ME by THE AMITY AFFLICTION
“Well don't lean on me 'cause I am falling, please don't fall with me / And don't count on me 'cause I am drowning, please don't drown with me.”
7.) WHO ARE YOU NOW? by DON VEDDA (feat. BEN LIMPIC)
“Let's get this straight / I'll be the one to follow through / With what I am / It's like I'm sleeping with a stranger tonight.”

Dude, I can't believe that You Me At Six announced and teased their new album 5 months before it even comes out, how extra is that. It seems like it's still going to be ages till they release it, but I did like the new song. It didn't blow me away, but it got me pumped for the new record nonetheless.



CINEMATOGRAPHY

I literally binge-watched the entirety of Stranger Things earlier this month, in like a single day. Which is a really, really rare thing for me since I have trouble following through even with shows I do actually like and enjoy watching. That's why I only have like, three shows I regularly watch (when they're not on hiatus)... But it was indeed amazing. It does deserve all the hype and positivity it has gotten and so far and I am so pumped for season 2.
Surprisingly, I have picked up Pretty Little Liars once again, too. And I even really enjoyed it, especially seasons 1 and 2. I am currently on the first few episodes of season 5 and I have to say, my interest did lessen quite a lot since the first season, mostly because the whole A mystery is simply getting really old these days. I'll probably finish this season but if it doesn't begin to intrigue me again towards the end of it, I'm not sure whether I'll continue or not. We'll see.
As for movies, I even watched some this month as well. First up is The Island, which was a huge let-down to be honest, because I thought the premise as really interesting (I am a science nerd after all) and unique, plus we'd talked about this movie in my English class a few years back. But it was very underwhelming and very cliché, plus the acting and the dialogue were extremely cringe-y for the most part. Would not recommend.
And I even went to the movies for Ghostbusters, which was better than I had expected. I mean, I basically went in expecting to neither like nor dislike it, but I did really enjoy it after all. I was especially astounded by the fact that it was ... actually funny. Not a lot of movies/shows can really pull jokes and puns off that well anymore, or so it seems to me anyway, so this was really a breath of fresh air because I did end up sitting in that theater laughing out loud multiple times. Very well done.



SEPTEMBER TBR

• Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo
• Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake
• Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3) by Sara Raasch

So many interesting new books are being released this September, right after the relative book drought that was August (at least it was for me). I'll probably be very stressed with various different things going on in my life right now, so I'm going to have to be very picky about what I do read with my time, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment