Thursday, June 30, 2016

June Recap

WHAT I READ

The Boy Most Likely To (My Life Next Door, #2) by Huntley Fitzpatrick
The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne
The Long Game (The Fixer, #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows and Brodi Ashton
The Way to Game the Walk of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen
The King Slayer (The Witch Hunter, #2) by Virginia Boecker
The Loose Ends List by Carrie Firestone
The Abyss Surrounds Us (The Abyss Surrounds Us, #1) by Emily Skrutskie
The Inside of Out by Jenn Marie Thorne
This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab
The Untimely Deaths of Alex Wayfare (Alex Wayfare, #2) by M. G. Buehrlen

11 books. I am extremely happy with this statistic! I have just been on a roll these past few months. Hoping to keep it up, again.



PLAYLIST

1.) BLUE by TROYE SIVAN (feat. ALEX HOPE)
“I want you / I'll colour me blue / Anything it takes to make you stay / Only seeing myself / When I'm looking up at you.”
2.) WHAT YOU DO TO ME by DON BROCO
“Do you know your misdemeanor's just a ruse to wind me up?  / So you're creeping round town but I keep my mouth shut / Hope you notice that I don't care, please I need to make this work.”
3.) SUPERLOVE by DON BROCO
“I might like what I see / But I know just one slip and that will wake the devil in me / Seems lately I keep spinning it 'cause I like that sound.”
4.) DEAD TO ME by DISTRICT3
“So tell me how you could be so dead to me? / You don't even shout or scream, smile or speak / You won't even look at me, 'cause you don't feel anything.”
5.) MIGHTY LONG FALL by ONE OK ROCK
“Don't go, it's a mighty long fall / When you thought love was the top  / Oh no, it's a wake up call / When your life went into shock.”
6.) WA$TED ¥OU†H by ROY ENGLISH
“They say the youth is wasted on the young ones / So let's have our fun, while we can / 'Cause only love will matter in the long run / So try and stop us if you can.”
7.) MY HEART I SURRENDER by I PREVAIL
“I have a thought of you for every star in the sky / But I'm scared I'll never cross your mind / Will our stars ever align? / Will two hearts beat in time?”
8.) SOMETHING YOU CAN'T SEE by GREEN OR BLUE
“So I flew to you to see  if love was in-between / Instead of boundary lines / But it's something you can't see  / It moves without command and it takes over your words.”
9.) YOU WANNA KNOW by DON BROCO
“What'd you hope I'd say? / That you were my one true love, a lie? / But it'd keep you happy / So I told the truth / Look at where it got me.”
10.) NO ANGELS by BASTILLE (feat. ELLA EYRE)
“So, no, I don't want your number / No, I don't want to give you mine and / No, I don't want to meet you nowhere / No, don't want none of your time.”

Listening more to Don Broco's Automatic album just made me regret all the more that I didn't go to Sounds Live Feels Live, since they were the European opening act (or one of them, anyway.) Sigh. Whatever. What's done is done, but anyway, I really enjoy their music a lot. (Also, I'd added You Wanna Know back in 2014 to my Spotify playlist, but somehow it never ended up on one of these recaps. I have no idea how that could (or rather couldn't) happen because I know I literally listened to it until I couldn't stand it anymore.)


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Ugh, I watched the first two or three episodes of Sleepy Hollow season 2 and I am, again, so very ashamed not to have watched more. But I was a lot more focused on reading this month and I had some other things to do and so on. I'll finish season 2 next month, I promise.
I watched a German movie called Stereo and it wasn't good, that's all I can say. It was extremely confusing and weird.



JULY TBR

• P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

Not that much new stuff being released in July, unfortunately... So I'll have to browse through all the books I already own and probably read some of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment