Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May Recap

WHAT I READ

The Rose and the Dagger (The Wrath and the Dawn, #2) by Renee Ahdieh
The Crown (The Selection, #5) by Kiera Cass
A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Zeugenkussprogramm (Kiss & Crime, #1) by Eva Völler
Summer of Supernovas by Darcy Woods
Homecoming (The 100, #3) by Kass Morgan
Seven Black Diamonds (Seven Black Diamonds, #1) by Melissa Marr
Summer Days and Summer Nights by Various Authors

10 books. I am very happy.



PLAYLIST

1.) INTO THE NIGHT by MADELINE JUNO
“I know I won't follow you this time / I have to go alone / Into the night / I'll be chasing whatever's left of the rest of my life.”
2.) YOUTH by MADELINE JUNO
“Everything's the same, but still all we know is changing / Slow me down, get a hold of me now / Years and years, my sanity's scattered on the playground / I'll collect it again if I ever find my youth.”
3.) wRoNg by ZAYN (feat. KEHLANI)
“You can have me tonight or never / I thought you understood / Baby, some people are meant to be loved and others just make it / So take what I'm willing to give and love it or hate it.”
4.) INTO YOU by ARIANA GRANDE
“Come light me up and maybe I'll let you on it / A little bit dangerous, but baby, that's how I want it / A little less conversation, and a little more touch my body.”
5.) SLOW ME DOWN by ISSUES
“'Cause ain’t nobody ever tell you what it feels like when you’re 'bout to break / When it rains it pours and the pain is coming in waves / Stay surfaced, love can’t hold you down.”
6.) SOMETIMES by ARIANA GRANDE
“I ain't even think of leaving sometimes / I ain't even think of letting go / I ain't ever thought of going nowhere / I don't even see it down the road.”
7.) FLOJO by ISSUES
“What if I gave it up / And they’d stop bitchin’ / All the doing dirt gone in a minute / Just my luck / It makes no difference.”
8.) RANK RIDER by ISSUES
“So correct me if I’m wrong / Your life is a sad song / Ravel couldn’t compose the mess God made on you / Animalistic, material instinct.”
9.) YUNG & DUM by ISSUES
“Living the dream / Living the lifestyle that we want / Not a damn thing gonna change me / I’ll tell 'em where I’m from / We’re all young and dumb.”
10.) HOME SOON by ISSUES
“Highway love’s gonna mess me up / Nights like these when I need your touch / Kicking it high in the back of my bus / Thinking 'bout you, while you’re thinking 'bout trust.”

Issues' new album slayed so much. I mean, I knew it, I was kinda prepared for it, but it still managed to blow me away. It's so good, so fucking good. I legit could have put approximately the whole track list on this thing 'cause I loved pretty much every song. Ariana Grande's new album wasn't bad either.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

The 100 is back on hiatus and I am in tears over it. Honestly, I loved the last few episodes a lot and I hope that season 4 is going to be as great as season 3b, too. I have very high hopes, especially because I'm 99% sure that Bellarke is finally coming!
As for movies, I watched a horror one called Hush about a deaf author who is being stalked by a murderous dude and ... it was a bit lame, to be honest. Dragged out unnecessarily long and full of dumb clichés.
Also... I am ashamed to say I didn't continue to watch Sleepy Hollow this month... I was a little preoccupied, okay? I promise I'll start season 2 next month. Pinky promise.


JUNE TBR

• The Long Game (The Fixer, #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barns
• The King Slayer (The Witch Hunter, #2) by Elizabeth Boecker
• My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows

So many June releases. We'll see how many I'll be able to get my grabby hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment