Sunday, November 1, 2015

October Recap


WHAT I READ

Measuring the World by Daniel Kehlmann
Book of Stuff by 5 Seconds of Summer
Six of Crows (The Dregs, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
Silber #3 by Kerstin Gier
Firewalker (Worldwalker, #2) by Josephine Angelini
Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2) by Sara Raasch

6 books. Which is okay for me. I wish I could have read more, but oh well. I had to rush around a lot this month and didn't have too much free time to read, so ... whatever.



PLAYLIST

1.) BREAKING GROUND by STATE CHAMPS
“I'll never find your heart / In a place like this / I'll never find your trust / When it doesn't exist / This town / Isn't yours to miss.”
2.) SHAPE UP by STATE CHAMPS
“So I'll tell myself that I'm not a victim / But I'll own up to the mistakes that I made / I can see through it all / The world's never gonna fall back / Ask where you're at.”
3.) CASTAWAY by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Young love, close the chapter / There’s no ever after / Fell fast, ended faster / Late night conversations led to complications / Now my heart is in my hands.”
4.) SAN FRANCISCO by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Leaves fall from the tallest trees / Even mountains crumble into the sea / Holding on to memories / And I can't let go.”
5.) VAPOR by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“I want to breathe you in like a vapor / I want to be the one you remember / I want to feel your love like the weather, all over me / Savor your words, I won't ever waste them.”
6.) SORRY by JUSTIN BIEBER
“You know I try but I don't do too well with apologies / I know you know that I made those mistakes maybe once or twice / By once or twice I mean maybe a couple of hundred times.”
7.) EMPEROR'S NEW CLOTHES by PANIC! AT THE DISCO
“Sycophants on velvet sofas / Lavish mansions, vintage wine / I am so much more than royal / Snatch your chain and mace your eyes.”
8.) #ICANTEVEN by THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
“Shame on me, you fooled me twice / And you said I wasn't just like anyone / But you treated me just like everyone, like everyone else.”


Fuck, the new State Champs album is so glorious and amazing, I love every single second of it. It just makes me all the more sad that I couldn't go to their concert at the start of the month after all. I do have hope that they'll return to Germany next year and that I'll see them then, but still... it was a heavy blow. I'm cheering myself up by telling myself that at least this way I'll get to hear all these awesome songs from the new album live next year.
However, I still went to the Fall Out Boy show as planned, and it was so awesome! It was so worth it, even though it was a little disappointing that a huge part of the crowd didn't even seem to know the older songs... still, for a veteran like me, it was amazing to be able to just go off and belt out the lyrics as loud as I could. Any time again!
And finally, the new 5 Seconds of Summer album... on the first listen, I didn't like it too much, if I'm being honest! It took a few times of listening to it back and forth until I finally warmed up to it, but once I did... I can now with good conscience say that this band has grown so much, both lyrically as well as musically, and this is an outstanding sophomore album. I couldn't be happier and prouder of them. It's so heartfelt and deep and lovely.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I watched a lot of TV while I was sick in bed, but I didn't watch any noteworthy movies or shows, mostly just trash TV to be honest. Yay.



NOVEMBER TBR

• All In (The Naturals, #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
• Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2) by Claudia Gray
• Winter (Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment