Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August Recap

WHAT I READ

The Fixer (The Fixer, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas
What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Black Iris by Leah Raeder
The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare (Alex Wayfare, #1) by M.G. Buehrlen
Starters (Starters, #1) by Lissa Price
Daughter of Dusk (Midnight Thief, #2) by Livia Blackburne
Slasher Girls and Monster Boys by Various Authors
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
Legacy of Kings (Blood of Gods and Royals, #1) by Eleanor Herman

10 books. I am very satisfied with this (yet again), especially considering all of the crazy stuff that has happened this month, so even though I am technically on vacation and could potentially spend all day reading, a total of 10 is still very much fine by me. At this point, I might even be able to read 100 books this year again.



PLAYLIST

1.) THE CUDDLER by DANCE GAVIN DANCE
“And I'm assuming that you're worth it / That you would never break my heart / The way you're killing me is perfect / Bleed me out and leave no scar.”
2.) BODY ON ME (feat. CHRIS BROWN) by RITA ORA
“I just wanna feel your body on me / If you want it then you got it, hold me / No more, no more wasting time / We can, we can go all night.”
3.) LOSING MYSELF by STATE CHAMPS
“Maybe some promises were broken, wasn't holding tight / But now I wanna know what it feels like / Sometimes I think I'm bound for losing it all / But I wouldn't trade it / I'm down for life.”
4.) FLY AWAY by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“I want a little bit of California / With a little bit of London sky / I wanna take my heart to the end of the world / And fly away tonight.”
5.) ROMAN HOLIDAY by HALSEY
“We'll be looking for sunlight / Or the headlights / Till our wide eyes burn blind / We'll be lacing the same shoes / That we've worn through.”
6.) CONTROL by HALSEY
“I'm bigger than my body / I'm colder than this home / I'm meaner than my demons / I'm bigger than these bones / Goddamn right, you should be scared of me.”
7.) JET BLACK HEART by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Now I'm holding on for dear life / There's no way that we could rewind / Maybe there's nothing after midnight / That could make you stay.”
8.) BROKEN PIECES by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“We're fading out, we're all alone / It's what you wanted, I suppose / I can tell you feel the same / When you say you're looking for a way to change your mind / And walk away.”
9.) OVER AND OUT by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“So take me as I am / Take me for everything / Replacing who I am with who I’d rather be.”
10.) THRONE by BRING ME THE HORIZON
“So you can throw me to the wolves / Tomorrow I will come back / Leader of the whole pack / Beat me black and blue / Every wound will shape me / Every scar will build my throne.”


Special mention: PVRIS' performance of "My House", featuring Tyler Carter, at the APMAs 2015, which had the potential to be mind-blowingly awesome, but was kind of disappointing because the sound techs sucked ass. Anyway, all of 5 Seconds of Summer's new songs and especially Halsey's debut album Badlands really blew me away. They're all so good! I literally died on August 28th, let me tell you. So much amazing music. Go listen to Badlands and the She's Kinda Hot EP. A real favorite is Over and Out.



CINEMATOGRAPHY

Teen Wolf season 5a came to an end, and I gotta say — I loved every second of it. I didn't really like season 4 that much, and I didn't expect to start loving this show again this season, but I am so down. Can't wait for the second half of it and now I'm really glad it was renewed for a sixth season! That cliffhanger, man.
I also watched the first 3 episodes of Wayward Pines, which I don't think I'll be continuing, though. I mean, it was okay, but I also found it mostly dull and boring. Besides, my boyfriend already spoiled everything for me (which is my fault because I asked, but it's another reason why I probably won't continue watching the show.)
And finally, I watched Hannibal. The first episode, but I hope to continue on with the series, hopefully soon-ish? I don't know, we'll see.



SEPTEMBER TBR

• Walk on Earth a Stranger (Gold Seer, #1) by Rae Carson
• Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

Not sure if I'll have time to get to the last one, seeing as it releases on the penultimate day of September and so theoretically I'd only have 2 days to read it and I'll probably be super stressed with school and final exams, but we'll see. And yes, I am talking final final exams. The time has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment